[Noisebridge-discuss] Too many tables and chairs

Ben Kochie superq at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 19:16:41 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 11:54 AM, miloh <froggytoad at gmail.com> wrote:
> first off:  Ben lets get some folding chairs!  BUT STOCKTON?!?
Well, we can go anywhere to find chairs.. we just need to find a good
closer source.  How many do we want? 30?  At $30/each that's about a
Leif<tm> worth of money. :)

(One Leif is $960)

> next:
>  I'll try to do initiate some actions tonight at RepWed. I want to
> maintain the 4 flat brown tables in their current config and reclaim
> and improve the accessibility around them.
>
> 1) The tall shellaced tables on wheels should be moved from blocking
> the shelf area -- one of them is *still* blocking the shelves an
> that's my fault.  (i'll need to get some help and clean up the
> clutterspace by the SW windows)
>
> 2)fold up the heavy heavy blue folding table and put it with other
> folding tables.  (can we take this one to toorcamp?)

Yes, probably.  We're going to need a bunch of tables.

> 3) move the awesome Pi table further into the corner spot so it
> doesn't protrude as much into the passage between it and the brown lab
> tables.
>
> 4)Move one or both of the round tables between the e-benches and the
> brown lab tools  to clear up and maintain easy access to the hackshelf
> and e-lab tools.
>
> 5) Move all the elab benches 1 foot northwest to try to get a wider
> accessway to the elab N facing shelves. I don't think this area will
> be wheelchair accesible with these changes, a single person in a chair
> blocks all that room, but I want to head in that direction.
>
> 6)  The second round table  can go somewhere else, along a wall or
> near the back of the space.
>

> Long term:
> A)I propose selling the second large fridge, decluttering the back to
> make some more workspace back there to handle the loss of space in the
> West end of the space.

How about we just take out the kitchen and make it space for hacking?
We can replace it with a much smaller coffee making space.  We could
sell the stove, oven, dishwasher, and 3-bin sink to buy a single
kitchen sink.