[Noisebridge-discuss] Too many tables and chairs

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 21:26:43 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 2:16 PM, Mike Higashi <mhigashi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Jeffrey Carl Faden
> <jeffreyatw at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Please do not get rid of the folding tables or chairs currently in
>> Church. My class necessitates that amount on a regular basis.
>
> I think Church would be better served if some (but not all) of the
> 30-inch deep tables were replaced with 18-inch deep ones.  You
> often see this size of table used in hotel conference rooms when
> configured for classroom use.
>
> This would essentially trade off twelve inches of table depth for
> more people room in each row.
>
> Mike

Absolutely Mike!

I've been looking at those narrow tables since a GaFFTA hackathon last
year, they work well for laptop setups and allow for much more access
in the type of room where everyone is staring at a diety of training,
or a projection of a diety of training videos.

In the long run, we should promote obtaining 20-25 of those narrow
tables (2-3 people max per table) and fold or donate up some of the
biggies...