[Noisebridge-discuss] /truth/hack

rachel lyra hospodar rachelyra at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 23:38:11 UTC 2012

Really? It's a cool project but too heavily branded, and done as part of a
publicity stunt at a day job, for me to really think of it as an epic
technical hack. Cool car, for sure. Great marketing for VW. They seem to
have a better grasp than the US government on what, exactly, we should be
exploring.

I am curious about the tenor of your message - does one epic hack cancel
out another one? Is a hacker less of a hacker upon beholding an epic hack
in another field of interest? Is a hacker required to use comparison
metrics to gauge their progress into true hackerdom? Come talk to me, then,
when you can manufacture something that, without electricity, can save you
from hypothermia, and also can fit into your pocket.  Fuck, come talk to me
when you've built a pocket.

Nice car though. I wonder how deep it can go.