[Noisebridge-discuss] let's get a TIG welder

Martin Bogomolni martinbogo at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 23:05:52 UTC 2012

I have a TIG welder, and love teaching people to TIG.

While I can't afford to donate my MillerMatic TIG to NoiseBridge, I
can certainly commit to bringing it one day a week when I'm in SF, and
teaching a welding class.

I won't be in SF until the 5th->11th of September.  If NoiseBridge
purchases a couple pairs welding gloves, welding masks (auto-darkening
masks can be bought from Harbor Freight for $40-50), two good pair of
channel locks for the tool room, and a small inexpensive welding
screen.. I'll bring the TIG, shielding gas, tungstens, aluminum
welding rods, and some pieces of aluminum plate to teach a basic
welding class with.

I use the same course materials they use at TechShop ( I helped write
the course. )    I'll see if taking the training with me can qualify
someone as having taken the SBU at TechShop, and over at the Crucible.
  It will definitely qualify you for using the TIG at ATX Hackerspace
in Austin as well.

-M