[Noisebridge-discuss] let's get a TIG welder

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Sat Aug 18 17:37:19 UTC 2012

On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 12:22:56PM -0500, Martin Bogomolni wrote:
> Oh Jim, for Pete's sake.

Martin,

That's incredibly dismissive of Jim's and others' valid concerns.

I'm a huge fan of welding, but I don't think that 2169 is a good place
to do it under the current circumstances.

The dirty shop is very dirty, with a poor record of cleaning up sawdust
and similiar flammable debris.  I would be very uncomfortable to see
people welding there.  Even with TIG versus MIG or plain-old-stick arc
welding, there's an excellent chance of hot steel landing in a sawdust
pile or behind a pile of scrap wood and smoldering for a few hours (long
enough for the welders to have cleaned up and gone home) before catching
flame.

Please organize a field trip to Ace Monster Toys before attempting to do
welding at 2169.

Thanks,
-andy