[Noisebridge-discuss] Enlightenment & its discontents (response to Rachel, Jim, Frantisek et al)

rachel lyra hospodar rachelyra at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 17:25:16 UTC 2012

Ok. Can you plan this meetup and make it happen? Probably several meetings,
to accommodate different people's schedules. Maybe the policy wonks can
help.

I personally have already put a ton of time and energy into this problem. I
am happy to participate in a continuing discussion about it. My experience
with the issue to date is that, when I bring it up, people are reluctantly
willing to talk about it because they agree that it's important.  As SOON
as I stop forcing the issue, take the pressure off, and make it socially
acceptable to ignore the issue, we do. It's way more easy and comfortable.

So.

I think this issue is important, but I have played ringleader the amount
that I feel comfortable, and have put an interim solution in place. I am
still dealing with social fallout from what I have already done.

If you have some ideas for further solutions, please implement them. I'll
help. Others no doubt also will. Lots of us think this idea is important.
We are all looking to each other for leadership.  Don't make me drive the
bus *again*.

R.