[Noisebridge-discuss] The downstairs door latch assembly is broken.

Jake jake at spaz.org
Sun Dec 2 00:07:54 UTC 2012

The downstairs door latch assembly is broken.  This is the part that
sticks out of the swinging gate and sticks into the
electrically-releaseable strike-plate device.  The problem is that the
deadlatch component of the door latch assembly is gone, and so the latch
bolt flops around loosely.

People have been penetrating our security using a BART card or whatever
they want.  We need to replace the latch assembly.  It is a Schlage.
This is not the landlords' job, as we make 99% of the traffic through that
door and 100% of the tampering with it.

https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Bugs#Bug_32

also, the electrically-releaseable strike-plate device needs to be oiled,
the door is staying unlocked right now unless you push it closed.  I
couldn't do it because i was running to catch bart.

-jake