[Noisebridge-discuss] Android - BluetoothChat sample problem fixage?

Anders Nelson anders.k.nelson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 03:38:10 UTC 2012

Helloooooooo you wonderful people!

Does someone on this list have experience with getting the BluetoothChat
Android SDK sample working? Can you help me get it to *not* crash upon
launch?

I'm building a Bluetooth-based program on the Android platform and I've
managed to give myself a bald spot trying to figure out why a certain
Android SDK sample is immediately crashing when I open it on my Galaxy
Nexus phone. It's really important that I get this to simply run, the rest
I can do myself!

Here's why it's important - as some of you may know, I've spent the last
year and six weeks completely redesigning my wearable LED display platform,
and the beta articles are working beautifully as I feed them with video
from my PC over Bluetooth. Buuuuut my main selling point is for mobile apps
to feed these displays.

Android ships their SDK with a great sample program containing a class that
does the Bluetooth state/connection management for you on multiple threads
for snappiness (and happiness). It's called "BluetoothChat". The problem
I'm having is that it hasn't the facility to use Bluetooth in the emulator,
and it also crashes upon launch when I debug using my Galaxy Nexus running
ICS 4.1.1. I've Googled my tail off and went through many a tutorial
already.

Anyway, I live in SF but will travel. I will also pay/barter for your time.

Cool?

[image: Inline image 1]

--
Anders Nelson