[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Holiday Tree

Tony Longshanks LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 22:56:41 UTC 2012

On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 6:49 AM, Josh Juran <jjuran at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 1, 2012, at 8:10 PM, Lillian Fleurs wrote:
>
>  I want to propose the installation of a Noisebridge themed Holiday tree
>> somewhere inside the space. As a community effort we should decorate the
>> tree with recycled circuit boards and LED tubes and other Noisebridgey
>> things. I really think it would add a festive feel to the space and allow
>> people who might be away from home or whatever for the holidays to get into
>> the spirit. If anyone wants to head this project be my guest, I just wanted
>> to throw the idea out there and participate in it.
>>
>> Oh and if you're a scrooge feel free to troll this thread with your bah
>> humbugs, just remember that no one's listening to you.
>>

> I find this offensive for some reason or other that escapes me at the
> moment.
>
> Josh

Which part offends you, the part directed at trolls or the suggestion that
we decorate the space for the holiday in hacker fashion? Either way, stop
being offended & join the kinetic forward momentum. I'm @ NB right now &
there's a  vital energy flowing through the space that is entirely
positive. We're changing potentialities into entelechies, & this is only
the beginning. Everyone is invited to join us in helping swab the decks &
take the Bridge to new heights of awesomeness. For instance: word is NB may
be receiving a special Christmas present in the form of a fully functional
offset printing press! Nothing too drastic will happen before the meeting
Tuesday, so no one need fret: all that's happening atm is some much-needed
cleaning & consolidating. Oh, and we need toilet paper. We will probably
always need toilet paper, so maybe someone with money should probably just
buy an awful lot of it: an infinite amount would be ideal. And as Jake
said, the front gate is having that latch problem again. That also seems to
be pretty constant & ongoing, so from now on we should probably just assume
the front gate is broken always unless explicitly stated otherwise, &
someone should always be in the process of acquiring the necessary
materials to fix it, & doing so.

Apologies to Josh if your response was tongue-in-cheek or intended as jest.
I only deal with subtlety & satire on weekdays; weekends are Everything
Taken at Face Value. Thank you for understanding.

<End of file>

+11+

*You should read my diaries after I die—I talk about you a lot in there.*