[Noisebridge-discuss] [Rack] Requesting Noisebridge e-mail for SysAdmin Class

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Sat Dec 22 00:01:37 UTC 2012

FWIW, I'm in favor of sysadmin at lists or sysadmin-class at lists with a
clear description in Mailman saying "this is for the sysadmin
calss at noisebridge, contact rack@ for admin requests".

Saying "linux" in the title leaves out some interesting crossover from
BSD etc.

Manual Subject line tags almost never work in my experience.

When you've got a plan, send a new thread to rack@ with a subject like
"new list request: foo" giving the chosen name and the email addresses
of 2 people who have agreed to babysit the new list (they'll be the
listowners).  I'm going to be traveling over the next few weeks but I'll
try to create the list ASAP.

Then after you get the "list created" mail with the password, please log
into the mailman webUI and curate the list.  I often have to bug people
to do this and as a result, the list-of-lists is full of lists with no
"[No description available]" makes the baby mailserveradmin cry.

-andy