[Noisebridge-discuss] Creating a NoiseKey switch

Brink of Complexity brink.0x3f at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 12:36:27 UTC 2012


Have you found anything of the sort yet? If not, I don't think it's beyond possibility to make one. :)

AFAIK, the NoiseKey is a standard SC1 (Schlage) lock. I don't have one in front of me to check right now, so I'm going from memory.  Eric and I have a metric fuckton of these, and could likely just key one to the NoiseKey... after a bit of drilling and other hackery to install a switch, that is. =P

(In any case, it's probably easier to install the switch as a position sensor on the bolt retraction mechanism than by drilling out extra parts of the drill holes the tumblers sit in, but then again I don't know exactly what application you have in mind)

We'll be in SF in a few days, if that helps the matter at all. ;)

- Brink

On Feb 1, 2012, at 8:44 PM, Martin Bogomolni wrote:

> I'm looking for a spring loaded tumbler similar to the ones used to
> start engines, that activate a momentary contact switch, with a keyway
> compatible with the noisebridge key.
> So far, my search of catalogs haven't turned up anything with a
> compatible keyway. Any suggestions?
> -Martin
> _______________________________________________
> Noisebridge-discuss mailing list
> Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
> https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss

More information about the Noisebridge-discuss mailing list