[Noisebridge-discuss] Entry & Security

Jake jake at spaz.org
Sat Feb 11 01:17:59 UTC 2012

the answer to your very valid question is that at least with the video at
the door, people can make an informed decision whether to let someone in
or not.  If the person looking at the monitor decides that it's a fine
time to invite a young oogle with his backpack & dog into the space, they
can decide to buzz them in.

if the person in the space doesn't think it's a good time, because there
were recently problems with that sort of thing, they have the option of
deciding not to buzz the person in.

ants, being very social creatures, have a great method for deciding what
food to bring home.  When an ant finds a food they like, they bring it
home (in their stomach) and leave a trail of tiny deposits of the food
leading back to where they found it.

When an ant is leaving the nest in search of food, they can sample the
various trails leading away from the nest and use their own judgement as
to which trails to follow, or which to ignore.

We at noisebridge have the option to do the same;  make our own decisions
about who we let in, based on our own judgement and knowledge.

By the way, please remember that the alternative to the video monitor is
having ZERO visual information about who is buzzing the door.

IT COULD BE THE COPS.

-jake

Claudia wrote:
Excluding the couple of people who have been ostracized by consesus
meeting......

In the history of Noisebridge how many people have been refused entry?
My guess is maybe 2.
What about video at the door is going to convince anyone upstairs to
refuse entry to a young oogle with his backpack & dog in tow?

-Claudia