[Noisebridge-discuss] d3.js working session

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Sun Feb 12 00:09:51 UTC 2012

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 12:50 PM, Dow Street <dowstreet at prodigy.net> wrote:
> Hi.  I'm Dow Street - I'm not currently a member of noisebridge, but
> I've been to the space a number of times over the years.  I'm
> interested in setting up a (potentially recurring) co-working type
> session focused on data visualization, and specifically, the d3.js
> library.  I used to occasionally stop by for the recurring django
> meetings - something like that is what I have in mind.
>
> Does this sound ok with folks?  I'll be sure to check the event
> calendar for conflicts - probably shoot for a time in the afternoon on
> Tuesday or Wednesday, and start with a small group so that everyone
> can meet others at the space.  Of course, if there are any noisebridge
> members who are interested in datavis / d3.js and want to help
> coordinate something like this then I'd love to chat (assuming others
> think it is a good idea and/or use of the space).

Hey Dow!

This sounds pretty cool. Protoviz and D3 are great libraries.

If you're interested, you might give Matt Bostock a ping and see if
he'd be interested in coming. He's the author of Protoviz and D3, and
also lives in the area.

I'm not sure what data Noisebridge could visualize, though there's
some talk lately about making a web-of-trust like system to share keys
to the space. Perhaps a force-directed graph of that tree could look
neat.

Cheers,
jof