[Noisebridge-discuss] Tired of Noisebridge BS, As of Late

Shannon Lee shannon at scatter.com
Thu Feb 16 01:01:26 UTC 2012

That's my idea, yeah; use the current shelving as Bin Storage, and possibly
create more Bin Storage in other places. Having open shelves full of crap
is (a) too inviting of random pilfering and (b) too prone to spillage and
(c) just triggers the hell out of my clutter-blindness and makes the space
look constantly untidy.

That's $400, which is 1/3 of what we need to have to order bins.

--S

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 4:49 PM, jim <jim at well.com> wrote:

>    I'll chip in $200 (and hope to get repaid over time that
> or credited toward membership?).
>    And I recall that you, Shannon, said we'd store the bins
> on the shelves, yes? Sounds good to me.
>

> On Wed, 2012-02-15 at 16:35 -0800, Shannon Lee wrote:
> > we ought to buy 80 of these:  http://is.gd/UCQIsE
> >

> > then everybody gets a bin; the bins are lockable; and we can move
> > things around without mixing up everybody's stuff and making a mess.
> >

> > I have a couple of hundred bucks to put into a "get us some bins"
> > project.
> >

> > --S
> >
> > On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 4:09 PM, miloh <froggytoad at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >         On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 11:06 AM, Jonathan Lassoff
> >         <jof at thejof.com> wrote:
> >         > So, I'm not sure if this came from "Hacker Alley being
> >         hacked", but I
> >         > was at Noisebridge the other night and found some of my
> >         belongings in
> >         > this big wooden crate by the e-waste area... getting ready
> >         to be
> >         > thrown out.
> >         >
> >         > This was especially lame, as they were clearly labeled with
> >         my name
> >         > (photo attached).
> >         >
> >         >
> >         >
> >         > It's becoming increasingly clear to me that Noisebridge has
> >         jumped the
> >         > shark somewhat. The people I find myself most running into
> >         there are
> >         > not into technology, hacking, or really Noisebridge. I've
> >         found them
> >         > to be mostly belligerent, uninterested in rational
> >         conversations, and
> >         > seemingly trying to push various political agendas.
> >         >
> >         > I'm getting tired of seeing the Hackerspace that I worked so
> >         hard to
> >         > help build, fall apart, both socially and physically.
> >         > Like a radically-inclusive cell membrane in
> >         heavily-salinated water,
> >         > new influences are rushing in from all directions and we're
> >         beginning
> >         > to pop. The organelles that were keeping the cell working
> >         are being
> >         > pushed out, and I feel like we're falling apart.
> >         >
> >         > I'm tired of fighting entropy all the time, just to keep the
> >         status quo.
> >         > I miss the Noisebridge I came to know and love.
> >         >
> >         > The people and the technology are still out there -- we may
> >         be moving
> >         > apart, but I suspect we'll reform as the right conditions
> >         form.
> >         >
> >         > Cheers
> >

> >         Thanks for the wakeup call jof,
> >
> >         Last night, I also found something with my name on it in the
> >         elevator
> [...]

Shannon Lee
(503) 539-3700