[Noisebridge-discuss] tubs versus walls for member shelves

Ben Kochie superq at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 02:01:53 UTC 2012

So I have some design criteria that need to be met.

* Easily sourced and be of a design that is likely to be around for a
while in case we need more.
* A very clear visible color/design so they will be recognizable as
"member totes".
* Sturdy enough to withstand years of hacker abuse.
* Not super expensive.
* Not require a proprietary shelving system.

The bins Shannon is proposing meet these requirements.

However as you point out they do waste a small amount of space.  There
is room for improvement but the benefits of having a bin for every
member outweigh this one negative.

Do you have a link to a source where we can get the items you mentioned?

I'm in for $100 to fund Shannon's proposal.