[Noisebridge-discuss] Rooster watch, round 1 (documenting sleepers at NB)

Kelly hurtstotouchfire at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 21:39:18 UTC 2012

Hi noisefolks,

Since the sleeper controversy seems to be especially problematic
lately, I'm trying to coordinate some data collection about the
sleeping problem. Clearly, once we can graph the problem, it will be
solvable.

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Rooster_Brigade

I've made a wiki page for the Rooster Brigade, a volunteer group of
noisebridgers who are willing to stand up (or sit down and type) and
name people who are sleeping at Noisebridge. The goal of this effort
is partly so daytime noisebridgers can learn about the nocturnal
community, but also so that the nocturnal community can learn about
the goals of the larger community. Hopefully if we pool our collective
knowledge about frustrating confrontations and habitual sleepers, some
sort of consensus can arise about how to address the problem.

Here's how you can help!

1. If you see someone sleeping at noisebridge, find out who they are.
This can be accomplished by asking others in the space, photographing
them and asking someone later, or waking them and asking yourself.

2. Write their name on the wiki on the day and time you encountered
them sleeping. A brief description of the situation is also helpful.
Were they faceplanted in a soldering iron? Did they have a sleeping
bag, luggage or houseplants?

Thanks very much for your participation. When we have enough data, I
will fit it to a general linear model and we can all argue about
correcting for multiple comparisons.

-Kelly