[Noisebridge-discuss] Frontend Web Development, 8pm Monday: menus, modals, validation!

Jeffrey Carl Faden jeffreyatw at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 17:10:05 UTC 2012

Last week we took a website mockup and walked through turning it into a real thing. The final product can be downloaded here:
http://jeffreyatw.com/static/frontend/class10/answersheet.zip

This week we're going to take our finished product and make it interactive by adding some very common functionality: menu bars, modals (dialog boxes), and form validation. This will all be done using jQuery, so it will help if you attended the last few classes on JavaScript and jQuery. Consider downloading this zip and reading through the comments in script.js (open it in a text editor):
http://jeffreyatw.com/static/frontend/class8/jQuery.zip

The class starts at 8pm and goes until 10pm!

Newcomers are always welcome! If you're new, please arrive at 7:30pm when I will try my best to teach you what you need to know to understand the rest of the lesson. Again, do try to read through jQuery.zip, mentioned above.

As always, this class and the space in which it's taught is entirely free to attend. Please bring a laptop. Read all the details here:
https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Frontend_Web_Development

Jeffrey