[Noisebridge-discuss] Hacker's Meeting Sunday 2pm: The Operational Security Community

travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org
Sat Feb 11 19:38:26 UTC 2012

Bay Area (Hacker's Association|Security Enthusiasts) Meeting!

2nd Sunday of every month, 2pm, at Noisebridge, in the main area.

It lasts until it's over.

It's for people interested in security, not the more general "make
stuff" kind of hacking.

Date of Meeting:
================
2pm (1400), 12 Feb 2012

This month we present:
======================

Sebastian Rooks

On:

The Operational Security Community:
The Front Line in the Battle for the Net

Quietly, there is a new "security community" that has evolved by
necessity. The necessarily is the threat to the growth, stability, and
confidence in the Global Internet. This new community battles the
threat - pushed back against the threat, and is in an arms race with
the threat. This Operational Security Community started with a small
Service Provider team and has now growth in to many closed, trusted,
and specialized communities. This presentation will be an introduction
to these communities, what capabilities are provided to the "battle",
and how others can engage with these communities.

In addition, we will review new tools allow the operational security
community to uncover criminal activity using the global DNS
system. These tools usable by the audience to help protect their
network.

Location:
=========

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Noisebridge

2169 Mission St, San Francisco, CA, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Known Universe

Finding the space can be tricky; it has a red circular logo above the
otherwise inconspicuous door, and is next to a market that sells
fruit.  It is very close to 16th and Mission BART stop.  If you're
driving, leave 15-30 minutes extra to find parking due to the heavy
traffic around there, but you do not have to pay on Sundays.

Speaker?
========

If you would like to be a speaker, or know someone who would,
please let us know.

Our Site:
=========

http://baha.bitrot.info/

Includes google calendar (never miss another meeting), directions,
link to mailing list, etc.  Please check it out.
--
http://www.subspacefield.org/~travis/
I'm a travesty of justice, but my friends call me Travis.