[Noisebridge-discuss] Meeting notes 2012-01-31

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Thu Feb 2 00:05:13 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 01, 2012 at 11:57:42AM -0800, Jonathan Lassoff wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 12:08 AM, Danny O'Brien <danny at spesh.com> wrote:
> > drama-o-meter
> > <---shannon at his best-||-----------------------shannon at his worst--->
> >
> > https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Meeting_Notes_2012_01_31
> >
> > Highlights:
> >
> > * Austin hackerspace ATX hackerspace attempts to sneak its items into our consensus process! Sneeeeaky! Also, they welcome Noisebridgers coming to SXSW
> >
> > * We talk about the Rooster Brigade, our new crypto-fascist
> >  spy-in-the-sky don't-sleep-at-noisebridge overlords
> >  https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Rooster_Brigade
> >
> > * We had a board election. Don't vote for Tom! Results next week. If
> >  you're a member in good standing, you should have got a mail about it.
> >  You can still vote for the rest of the week.
>
> We're we not also going to have an executive vote as well?
>
> I think it's high time I pass the reins on to someone else -- I feel
> pretty bad being President/E.D. and being so inactive. Though, for
> some that's a feature and not a bug. :p

The deal is that legally the board is supposed to determine the
executive team (President/Secretary/Treasurer), though historically it
has deferred to the mighty Noisebridge Consensus. As you know, Jof,
because you were there (:)) agt the one and only board meeting we had
this year (whose primary purpose was to organize the elections for the
*next* board), the board talked about including the executive roles in
the ballot, but punted the decision to the next board meeting, which
takes place immediately after the board elections.

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Board_meeting_2011-12-24

My feeling that this was a combination of laziness and a wish not to
just randomly decide something via the board that hadn't already gone
through consensus.

d.