[Noisebridge-discuss] [drama] Person evicted from space for violent behavior.

Tony Longshanks LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 07:34:40 UTC 2012

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 9:57 PM, Ben Kochie <superq at gmail.com> wrote:
Saturday, Febuary 4, 2012.

A person who has previously been at noisebridge came into the space in
the early evening demanding everyone get out "or you will all be
shot".

Yep, I just missed it.....arrived an hour after the incident last night.
The gate was standing wide open, btw. I was pleased to find a large yellow
roll of police CAUTION tape on the premises. (Many wicked possibilities
come to my mind.) The disturbing thing to me was that a couple people I've
never seen before at Noisebridge who were in the kitchen were defending
John's actions and complaining about the way he was evicted from the space.
I asked one of them, "How long have you been hanging out here?" Obviously
not long. I said, "I had no problem with John personally, he usually seemed
pretty nice, he stayed at my squat once, but he had a scary other side I
saw once or twice, and he was pretty blatant about disrespecting the
purpose of the space." It appeared at that point that she preferred to
wriggle out of the conversation, which was perhaps Harshing on her
proverbial Mellow.

Anyway....thanks for dealing with that unfortunate situation. Hopefully
things'll simmer down for a while.

Riiiiight....

TLongshanksLT