[Noisebridge-discuss] Access control & Safety, both personal and general space.

David Estes d at videst.es
Wed Feb 8 20:11:35 UTC 2012

On Feb 8, 2012, at 11:16 AM, Simon Schubert wrote:

> On 02/08/2012 08:07 PM, miloh wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 7:29 PM, Casey Callendrello <c1 at caseyc.net> wrote:
>>> One of the problems of gatebot is that it costs money. Sorry, kids, but
>>> SIP trunks aren't free. It was fun while it lasted, but I'm not sure
>>> that phone access is worth any monthly recurring cost.
>> Well they are nearly Free.  I spent 0.25USD on a 30 minute call from
>> +049 to +01 last week.
>
> At least in Germany (+49) you can get free SIP numbers assigned from
> some providers (sipgate.de).  I can understand that NB doesn't want to
> call an overseas number (just to let it ring, not to make a connection)
> to unlock the gate, but better than nothing.

You can get free Seattle-area one through http://www.ipkall.com/. If we're looking for something more local and reliable, I believe we could put together a SIP gateway with Skype's business services for $9.45/month. ( http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/business/skype-connect/#t_pricing + $2.50/month for the Skype-in number.)

I was playing with the Asterisk server last night; is cost the only reason why the incoming routes were disabled?

- David