[Noisebridge-discuss] Timer to turn off the buzzer

Ray waywardengineer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 20:51:22 UTC 2012

How I did the arduino-RTC interface on the Boxshop alarm system was
pretty easy: I got a programmable digital timer meant to turn a light
or whatever at the set time. I then just connected a relay with a 110V
coil, and on the other end of the relay is a 5V signal that goes into
the Arduino. Sort of the opposite of how you'd use a normal relay.
It's universal for any of those timers and has worked troublefree for
years now!