[Noisebridge-discuss] Upstairs door latch mechanism?

Christopher Maujean cmaujean at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 22:34:28 UTC 2012

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 9:31 AM, maestro <maestro415 at gmail.com> wrote:
> # +1 jim...
> # i am very interested to know this as well...
> # are you breaking into noisebridge hence showing others on the street (that
> you don't even know are watching you, and everyone is ALWAYS watching in the
> mission and you won't see them) how to get in...
> # perhaps this is why so many dodgy fucks have started getting in and are
> attracted to the door...
> # word of mouth is quick on the streets...
>
> end comments
>

> On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 1:15 AM, jim <jim at well.com> wrote:
>>    i'm curious to know how you get in without buzzing.
>> people are different; seems better not to judge, at least
>> not right away.

As far as getting in goes, I open the front door using the methods
listed on the wiki, meaning, I walk up to the door, manipulate my
phone for a moment, and the door unlocks. I go inside, firmly shut it
behind me, climb the stairs, and use the space, I've never let anyone
in for any reason, and don't plan to until I possibly gain membership
in the future, at which point I'll consider the concept.

My earlier point about myself was, don't judge people for being
homeless or living in an SRO, judge them for using the space
inappropriately. Having a standard living situation is not a
prerequisite to being a hacker.

--Christopher