[Noisebridge-discuss] Entry & Security

Tony Longshanks LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 05:58:09 UTC 2012

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 8:52 PM, Tao Neuendorffer Flaherty <
neuendorffer at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I have been watching prototype robots and taking robotics classes for
> almost two decades. Lots of robots, lots of failure, lots of discovery, no
> injury. Until I was watching Hackers at Noisebridge, and a robot came
> zooming out of the other room, hit me hard, and swung it's arm to hit me
> again. I screamed. It was not a good part of the movie for excruciating
> pain, or the realization that I could be dead if it had come a little to
> the left and hit my neck instead of my shoulder. I kept watching the movie,
> insulted at the interruption. Nobody came to apologize to me.

Unacceptable! And I really wanted to write this up in the Zip Crime
Blotter, but you didn't reply to Whimzy's questionnaire (unless we missed
it), and now the issue is full......but for issue 2 of our megazine we're
going to do a full investigative report on robot-human relations, with a
special focus on (unreported) violence.

ZiP02's due date is April 1st.

That's not a joke!

TLongshanksLT