[Noisebridge-discuss] Entry & Security

Tao neuendorffer at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 12 15:29:22 UTC 2012

I'm sorry; I didn't reply because Noisebridge rocks and robotics research rocks.

Sending a large powerful robot without an off switch running into a dark room full of people is a human-human relations problem. People need to have respect for the strength of the tools they use, and feel responsibility for the consequences.

That's why I'd never seen injury before. If your robot could wander off into the crowd, then it was too weak to hurt the crowd. If your robot could cause damage, then you got everybody far out of the way before turning it on.

I took a Robotic Art class with Frank Garvey of Omnicircus.com. His robots will mentally disturb you, but not hurt anyone.

Peace,
Tao