[Noisebridge-discuss] banning "Occupy"

rachel lyra hospodar rachelyra at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 01:17:51 UTC 2012

I am happy to play bad cop, as I have done with Wish (crazy person running
a mayoral campaign out of NB) and Rob 2.0 (who I confronted many times,
once at 3am) and Jorgen (due to behavior best discussed off-list) and 2 or
3 occupy folks that I already knew.  All you gotta do is talk to me about
specific problematic individuals.  Since rising property values cost me my
warehouse in soma, I have moved to east bay and am not around as much to
notice on my own which people are problems.

Since I am part of occupy, I will be doocratically taking action there as
well.  I suspect the problem, though, is that assholes append themselves to
any social group willing to tolerate them. Don't blame occupy, and maybe
when people visit 2169 they won't blame noisbridge.

Hold individuals accountable for their actions, and hack the surrounding
culture in order to influence those actions.

R.

mediumreality.com