[Noisebridge-discuss] A modest proposal / One Week Closure

Ronald Cotoni setient at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 15:49:29 UTC 2012

I like this idea a lot.  Much better than the closing after a certain time
thing.  I believe this will be a precursor to the hot tub resets we may
have in the future.  Mind you, I am not a member and I LOVE going to
Noisebridge so this might just force me to become a member.  Next time I am
there, I am putting my name in the binder (finally).

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 3:55 AM, Danny O'Brien <danny at spesh.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 9:05 AM, Whimzy <whimwiz at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Apologies if anyone has already suggested this (I simply haven't been
> able
> > to read the mass of messages over the past week or two) - and this may
> be my
> > one and only useful suggestion in this seemingly endless debate - but
> maybe
> > it would be a good idea to close Noisebridge for one week to all but a
> > predetermined group of paid up members and other central people. During
> that
> > week, you could do a thorough cleaning and organizing of the space
> (without
> > throwing anyone's member materials out), install whatever new door system
> > you decide on, and then start fresh. You could warn people in advance -
> like
> > a 2-week notice starting tomorrow - to get their stuff out if it's not
> > legitimate member stuff (i.e. oogle backpacks, troll bags, goblin
> > suitcases), so there would be no legit excuse for crapping one's diaper
> > afterwards because one's inappropriately-stashed-in-the-first-place crap
> > gets (re)moved.
>
> You know, I kind of like this idea. It is a bit insane (though a point
> of pride) that we've kept the place open for years, and a shutdown of
> a few days would let us simultaneously hack together the entrance,
> signal a red letter day in terms of stuff being kept on the hacker
> shelves, etc, do a ridiculously deep cleanup, bond a little bit, and
> have a big party.
>
> I scribbled down a list of things we could do -- feel free to add your own.
> https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Reboot
>
> d.
>

> > It's not a cookie, mother, it's a newton.
> >
> > Carry on, then.
> >

> > TLongshanksLT
> >

> > --

Ronald Cotoni