[Noisebridge-discuss] ZiP Submissions Deadline / San Francisco in the 1950s

Tony Longshanks LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 22:22:28 UTC 2012

NoiZBriGade,

Have you seen this recently released 20-minute video clip of SanFrancisco
in the 1950s? Footage of Playland at the Beach! (Incidentally
this<http://www.novemberfire.com/dvd/pages/nfrdvd002easycart.html>is a
great, funny doc on Playland that I saw
in the theater<http://richmondsfblog.com/2010/05/07/remembering-playland-dvd-now-available/>a
while back as part of an SF history group.)

Also, did you now there is early color photography of the city from the
aftermath of the 1906 earthquake and fire? Article about that - and
earthquakes in general - in the inaugural issue of ZiP. ETA for the first
print copies: this Thursday!

Join the new ZiP Mailing List
here<https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/zine>

I'm also constructing an online portal - ZZW <http://zine.noisebridge.net>,
ZiP Zine Web - though it's not much to look at yet. I'm taking an existing
Drupal theme & tweaking it to my satisfaction, & learning as I go, since
I've never done web design before. Luckily I have good mentors.

I plan to attend the member meeting this Tuesday, as well as 5 Minutes of
Fame on Thursday.

Yippyskippy.

Yr friendly neighborhood Tiger