[Noisebridge-discuss] Deadly Nightshade (in Technicolor!)

Tony Longshanks LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 21:57:51 UTC 2012

Bonjour mes petits chous en sucre

(That's French for Good Day, my little sugar cabbages)

Myself and my friend Tiare, whom some of you may know - she hung out at the
Noiz a lot in December when she lived at Mirabelle, & still visits
occasionally) - want to start a literary & art salon in the New
York/European early 1900s style (think Bloomsbury, Algonquin Round Table,
Hemingway, Gertrude Stein, Anais Nin, Henry Miller), with an
anachro-futuristic twist encompassing computer technology, hackers et al.
We invite those of the NoizBridge fold who are interested to participate.
Inquire within. (I.e. message me.) It will probably have two posts of
operation to start - Tiare's house, and the NoizNest (i.e. my house/squat),
both of which are only a stone's throw from Hackerspace Central.

I want to call our coterie The Nightshade Family
(Solanacea<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solanaceae>)
and our salons Nightshade Family Gatherings, but we'll see what comes out
in the wash.

Maybe ZiP will morph into NightBook (Finnegans Wake-referential title). I'm
going to go where the interest lies.

I'm finally over 2 weeks of being a sickly computer hermit. Heading to the
Noiz in a little while to do ZiPWorK and check out this new arrangement
everyone's been all aTwitter about. I'm at the library right now
cherry-picking from the New Book shelves.

Did you know Al Capone was fat?

Also, that Americans in the 1950s reported dreaming in black & white in a
nationwide poll, while a decade later in the 60s - when color movies & TV
had become the norm - most Americans reported dreaming in color.

What conclusion, if any, should we draw from this?

End of File

Yr friendly neighorhood Tiger