[Noisebridge-discuss] Frontend Web Development, Monday 8pm: AJAX!

Jeffrey Carl Faden jeffreyatw at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 02:02:02 UTC 2012

For tomorrow (Monday)'s class, we'll be jumping into AJAX - Asynchronous JavaScript and XML. It's a technology that lets us talk with a server without leaving the page we're on. jQuery makes this easy as pie.

We're going to take the Twitter application we worked on last week, and change it so it actually communicates with a server, letting us post and receive new tweets. If you want a head start, please download this file and take a look at its (heavily commented) contents:
http://jeffreyatw.com/static/frontend/class8/jQuery.zip

The class starts at 8pm and goes until 10pm!

Newcomers are always welcome! If you're new, please arrive at 7:30pm when I will try my best to teach you what you need to know to understand the lesson. As always, this class and the space in which it's taught is entirely free to attend. Please bring a laptop. Read all the details here:
https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Frontend_Web_Development

Jeffrey