[Noisebridge-discuss] Toorcamp - Homebrew Event

Matt Joyce matt at nycresistor.com
Tue Jan 24 21:47:32 UTC 2012

What: ToorCamp 2012
When: Aug 8-12, 2012
Where: Washington Coast

I am working with a camp planning to be at toorcamp called "Milliways".
More information about that camp is available here:
https://wiki.milliways.info/wiki/Toorcamp_2012

I am reaching out now to the noisebridge community as well as other
local communities in particular to see if there is interest in
participating in a hacker homebrew event of some nature.  I personally
am getting ready to start brewing several batches of beer for
toorcamp.  I would love if others could also donate home brewed or
distilled libations and beverages ( alcoholic or not ) to make
available to people at the camp.  Milliways has ran bar tents in the
past at CCC Camp / HAR that have been highly successful.  At this past
CCC Camp we hosted a beer brewing demonstration / workshop as well.

This time I would like to see a vast array of homebrew creations made
available by us for our community.

What that means is.  Start brewing now.  Have some kegs / growlers etc
ready for the event.  Be prepared to let them journey into a shared
environment, be emptied and come back at the end, but with no
guarantee of safety ( I just can't afford it...  but will do my best
to ensure safety )

If there is more than just a few interested I'd love to possibly host
some contests or get creative with how we make this stuff available.
I am sure a few folks are already spinning some gears and smiling
inwardly about the possibilities.  Think data gathering of people
drinking the beer or consumption rates.  Etc etc.

So If anyone is interested.  Let me know.  Milliways at the very least
has several people already committing to providing some brews and
resources to this effort.  I'd love to bring together more than just
Milliways though and really kick off some beverage hacking craziness
at hacker camps.  This camp is in our back yard.  We get to choose our
own level of involvement in making this event excellent.

So ping me direct or sound off if you are interested in helping me
make this happen.  I am interested in helping you.  This is all very
informal and unscripted atm.  But we'll need to do a good bit of work
to pull this off well.  I am definitely committed to the task.
Hopefully I can get some help.

-Matt Joyce