[Noisebridge-discuss] New Years Resolution: keep the Internet safe for free speech?

John Adams jna at retina.net
Mon Jan 2 23:46:23 UTC 2012

This is some bullshit right here.

I totally support Tor, I do, and I love the concept of raising a giant
middle finger to the internet censorship world.

I love Tor and Noisebridge with every bit of my heart, but to ask someone
to donate $50 or $100 / month for a recurring pledge, you are basically
telling me: "Hey, how about you go co-locate a server in a data center and
run a Tor node?"

It's approximately the same price to do so and add to the viability of Tor.
Not only that, by having disparate nodes, it reduces the
single-point-of-failure issue by having all the monies in a single node.

Who's got $1200/year to donate to this? No one.

-john