[Noisebridge-discuss] Hardware donation?

Joshua Juran jjuran at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 15:25:54 UTC 2012

On Jan 2, 2012, at 11:13 PM, Ben M wrote:

> I'm not sure old hardware should ever ever be "recycled" after
> watching this talk I did not hear at 28c3 where I did not attend
> but sadly I do not have the money to store your old computer junk
> and in 20 years people might be cursing everyone who threw a P4
> away, like REALLY cursing them.

I already feel silly for recycling Mac Pluses.  It turns out you can
actually sell those things.  Though I expect the buyers are just
doing it to entertain themselves, not for computing.

I still have old Macs, and I still develop software that runs on
them.  Much of that development effort is spent on making them
compatible with other platforms, so I can write code that runs on
everything.

> Old Hardware FTMFW.

Don't forget about software.  To make the best use of your RAM and
CPU cycles, you'll probably want to run a full Web browser as little
as possible.  Especially if you're time-sharing with your friends.

Josh