[Noisebridge-discuss] Letter to MakerBot?

Martin Bogomolni martinbogo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 23:54:25 UTC 2012

A search of TESS (Trademark search on the PTO website) does not show
any marks registered to MakerBot Industries for "Replicator"  Right
now they have the following registered trademarks:

Serial Number	Reg. Number	Word Mark	Check Status	Live/Dead
1	85506629		MIGHTY BOARD	TARR	LIVE
2	85229896		BOTCAVE	TARR	LIVE
3	85229846		BOTFARM	TARR	LIVE
4	85257855	4022863	STEPSTRUDER	TARR	LIVE
5	85139073	3966088	THINGIVERSE	TARR	LIVE
6	85138992	3966080	THING-O-MATIC	TARR	LIVE
7	77797812	3761183	MAKERBOT	TARR	LIVE

So, as far as these things go .. They don't yet have the (tm) to go
with their Replicator mark.

Thus, it's a non-issue.   They may have filed for a trademark, but it
hasn't yet been issued.  Also, the mark is a _specific_ thing and
related to a specific product, and I don't think they would have much
of a leg to stand on to send a C&D over "Replicator XXXday"
considering it's not a product for sale.

-Martin