[Noisebridge-discuss] Reorganization at noisebridge

jim jim at well.com
Fri Jan 13 17:43:01 UTC 2012

    I'm really glad to see this discussion.

    The downside of blind do-ocracy is lack of coordination.
"Just do it" translates as "do as you please".
    For NB the notion of do-ocracy grew out of disgust with
people talking about stuff and not doing anything.
    If what you're doing doesn't affect anyone else, please
shut up and do it.
    If what you're doing might affect anyone else, please
let them know what you plan to do before you do it.

    What's the basic point? Unfettered do-ocracy is
indistinguishable from indulgence and inconsiderateness.
To be considerate requires restraint, i.e. discipline,
which is tough for children and childish personages.
    For the NB community's long term success, it's
important that each of us think about possible
consequences of our actions and actually talk to others.
    For that to happen, the community had better include
consideration and talking to each other as one of our
mantras.