[Noisebridge-discuss] Reorganization at noisebridge

Elijah Post elijahpost at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 17:48:11 UTC 2012

The idea of the the move is as follows:

1. Create space for a fab lab for the Sewing machines and the Replicators
to have a good space. (Right now the replicators are in as bad a place as
they've ever been.

2. Make it so the member shelves are still protected and difficult for
non-members to get to.

Many people were talked to about this before the move started. In addition
I do believe it was brought up at a meeting (although I was not there).

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 9:43 AM, jim <jim at well.com> wrote:

>    I'm really glad to see this discussion.
>
>    The downside of blind do-ocracy is lack of coordination.
> "Just do it" translates as "do as you please".
>    For NB the notion of do-ocracy grew out of disgust with
> people talking about stuff and not doing anything.
>    If what you're doing doesn't affect anyone else, please
> shut up and do it.
>    If what you're doing might affect anyone else, please
> let them know what you plan to do before you do it.
>
>    What's the basic point? Unfettered do-ocracy is
> indistinguishable from indulgence and inconsiderateness.
> To be considerate requires restraint, i.e. discipline,
> which is tough for children and childish personages.
>    For the NB community's long term success, it's
> important that each of us think about possible
> consequences of our actions and actually talk to others.
>    For that to happen, the community had better include
> consideration and talking to each other as one of our
> mantras.
>

> On Fri, 2012-01-13 at 08:46 -0800, Liz Henry wrote:
> > Did the people who use the craft/sewing area want this move to happen?
> > What was the point here?
> >

> > - Liz
> >

> > On 1/13/12 7:18 AM, gian.pablo at gmail.com wrote:
> > > This sounds like such a bad idea. Who instigated this? If any of my
> > > stuff goes missing I am done with Noisebridge.

*Elijah Louis Spenser Post
Mechanic (San Francisco Bike Kitchen)*
*Participant (NoiseRep at Noisebridge)*