[Noisebridge-discuss] Reorganization at noisebridge

Jake jake at spaz.org
Fri Jan 13 19:02:29 UTC 2012

hey.  i saw some mention of this on the discuss list.  I couldn't do
anything about it because i almost got evicted from my house yesterday and
i've been packing my stuff all week - i missed circuit hacking monday.

I assumed that people realize that member shelves are not to be fucked
with.  If people are going to move things, they need to respect that.
Apparently it's not happening and I don't want to come today and find out
that all my shit has been scattered all over the space.

Whats even worse than that is that we might lose good people who enjoy
noisebridge but are put off by having their member shelves moved around
without the proper process.  It's not cool.  One of the reasons people pay
membership dues at noisebridge is so they have a shelf to store their
stuff safely.  If they don't get that, they might just move out.

Apparently it just "happened" so it can't be undone, and at least two
peoples' stuff was mixed up and lost.

It seems Elijah Post is the only one on the list advocating for this move,
does that mean he is going to take responsibility for all the chaos that
will result from it?

-jake

lilia wrote:

I stopped by the space on my way to work today. I found the stuff from
my shelf spread across three shelves and some stuff that I didn't
recognize on my shelf. Let me know if you or anyone you know is
missing big black windows media center laptop or a case of green-pak
pipette tips.

The member shelves are in two columns, forming a long member hallway
between them. This makes one column protected and the other totally
exposed to attack (casual observation/thievery) from the workspace
side. I'm glad mine ended up on the protected side.

I noticed that an ad-hoc wall was formed between the hack shelves and
member shelves, so that the member hallway is only accessible from one
end. The floor on closed-off side is full of random stuff, further
reducing accessibility for members. Who does any of it belong to? Not
much way to tell now.

If you had stuff on your shelf that you cared about, I highly
recommend checking on it.