[Noisebridge-discuss] Just say no to SOPA

Bill Pollock bill at nostarch.com
Sun Jan 15 01:03:12 UTC 2012

I don't see why not. Fair use has worked fine for many years. I've
never had a problem interpreting or applying it.

That's not to say that the doctrine of fair use doesn't demand
different interpretation in the age of the Internet but I haven't
found it to be a problem so far. Times change and laws change, but
that doesn't mean that the law needs to be completely revamped when
times change.

But that's just my opinion as a publisher who doesn't spend his nights
dreaming about pirates unless I'm the leader of the buccaneers.

Bill

--
William Pollock, Founder
No Starch Press