[Noisebridge-discuss] Just say no to SOPA

VonGuard vonguard at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 01:32:37 UTC 2012

What it really comes down to is that there are knockoff artists in China
cranking out fake Coach bags and Levis jeans, and the government thinks it
can stop this with copyright restrictions. They want to be able to cut
those sellers off of the Internet.

And frankly, that is a real problem that should be solved somehow.

Its just that solving that problem by destroying the internet is akin to
taking off and nuking the offending site from orbit.

While I feel sopa is god awful, and pipa is worse, I am also certain that
there is nothing the government can do to limit the internet that we cannot
circumvent. The real people in danger are the technologically impaired. You
know, people like congress...