[Noisebridge-discuss] Question about 501(c)(3) status ....

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 17 05:03:01 UTC 2012

Because donations are tax deductible, that is a pretty strong incentive for more people to donate more.

Also, if you are not non-profit, then you are automatically for-profit, meaning that any donations are considered income, and you need to pay taxes on any money left over at the end of the year, since that is considered profit.

Mitch.