[Noisebridge-discuss] Anti SOPA/PIPA Rally in SF during Internet Strike Day Tomorrow

Snail snailtsunami at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 22:08:53 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 1:30 PM, Olya K <krasnykh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Looks like Google came onboard
> http://torrentfreak.com/google-joins-pipa-sopa-strike-120117/
>
> Olya

Woo, a link! woo...

I was elated to hear about Wikipedia's decision to blackout their site.
Protesting censorship that would block access to information by
[temporarily] locking down people's access to information ... will actually
will work better than anything else I've heard to get the point across. If
only Twitter, Facebook, etc. would blackout at the same time so people
would not only lose their favorite sites but be UNABLE to voice their
complaints via their usual web means! Just like the future we all fear.

Personally, I was hoping for a bigger Google blackout. You have to admit
that a total Google blackout would be EPIC. I'd be totally willing to give
up my own use of the site & e-mail for a few days just to see what would
happen and observe the responses of people all around.

CHAOS.

ANARCHY.

PEOPLE IN THE STREETS WITH SHOES.

And then everybody discovers they didn't lose Google after all; the Google
was in their heart all along. It's a very magical, touching moment.

Then, PIPA and SOPA are passed anyway and everybody goes back to work.

--
-Snailssnailssnailssnailssnailssnailssnails