[Noisebridge-discuss] wanted: book scanner service

Jake jake at spaz.org
Fri Jan 20 08:08:52 UTC 2012

Travis,

didn't you know that Ace Monster Toys has a bookscanner?

You can arrange with a member there to have all your books scanned.
Maybe get one of them to recommend a person (either another member or
someone they sponsor) to do the work for you.

keep it local.

here's the link:
http://www.diybookscanner.org/

we could just build another one at noisebridge..

-jake

Travis wrote:

I'm considering moving again.

I don't want to move all my books.

I want electronic copies of some of them.

Does anyone know of anyone who will scan books for me?

I am willing to pay for it if necessary.

Non-destructive is nice, since some books I'd like to keep for easy
reference, but destructive is okay for most of them, and in a pinch,
all.

Thank you.