[Noisebridge-discuss] Repairing broken glasses

Joshua Juran jjuran at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 10:27:41 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 12:15 AM, Peter Werner <germpore at sonic.net> wrote:
> I don't know how to work with that, but that might be a possibility. Any
> website or book you can recommend for instruction on how to make a mold?

PCL melts at 60 C, or about 140 F.  Place the beads in hot water, then
use your fingers to mush them together and shape them around the two
parts of the object.

PCL's not adhesive, so the shape of the object has to be such that it
won't slide out.  The temple on my glasses was cylindrical (which
could have rotated or slid out) so I crimped it with needle-nose
pliers first to give it a flatter, bell-bottomed shape.

Josh