[Noisebridge-discuss] Repairing broken glasses

Martin Bogomolni martinbogo at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 18:24:48 UTC 2012

Peter,

Just because you're out of work, is no reason you need to go without
good glasses!

http://optometry.berkeley.edu/opt_txtpp/programs/clinical_prog/clinout.html
  (for example)

There are many outreach and free optometry clinics all over the bay
area, and I assure you that they are -very- under-utilized.
Especially since you currently have more time than money, it's well
worth finding a local clinic and setting up an appointment.

I have a friend who has a condition where his retina was detaching,
and he was able to not -only- get treatment, but it was for all
intents and purposes free.  He pays $5 for his prescription meds now
from Walgreens, and has a good pair of glasses .. albeit not the most
stylish ones.

-Martin