[Noisebridge-discuss] Repairing broken glasses

Peter Werner germpore at sonic.net
Sun Jan 22 18:41:05 UTC 2012

I was going to look into that, but I wasn't sure if I'd have to prove
need, etc.

The thing is, I see that there are glasses sold by online vendors that
are inexpensive and affordable to me. The problem is getting a
prescription. The way I'd always done it in the past, when I had an
income, was to go to an optometrist who was also an eyeglass vendor,
like Lenscrafters. Then you're tied into buying from them, and most of
these are severely overpriced – well over $100 for glasses I wouldn't
even consider "stylish".

Getting my eyes checked for free or an affordable fee would be exactly
what I need.

In the meantime, I need to keep my current pair functioning until I
can get another pair in my face. I'm not even sure I can walk down the
street safely without them!

Peter