[Noisebridge-discuss] scheduling grid for wiki? & Unconference check in

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Mon Jan 30 19:06:02 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 8:58 PM, rachel lyra hospodar
<rachelyra at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> We are setting up the info pages for the unconference we are hosting at
> noisebridge, check it out!
>
> https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Represent_Yourself
>
> I want to find a way to put in a scheduling grid or some other way to
> display the sessions that lets people sign up easily.
>
> Let me know what you think, and please give any feedback you want on the
> conference format so far, or anything else.  Also, who is doing 5mof
> nowadays?  is it still happening?  We put it on our calendar and can
> wrangle some food donations and additional volunteers to help with
> setup, etc.

5mof is still happening, I know daravinne works on it, and Felix Sargeant.

Every unconference I have attended works by building the schedule on a
big whiteboard or sheets of paper at the beginning of the two days.

Have a pad of a4 or small sticky sheets, a bunch of sharpies, and a
grid with gaps that fit the sheets. Take introductions, and then let
everyone put up stuff. Block out some of the later times with sheets
marked with an XXXX, and remove those later so that late-comers and
others who don't feel comfortable in a big crowd can put up their
signs too.

Encourage and allow people to move sheets around or merge them based
on what comes out of the process. It's okay to cancel or rearrange
right up to the last minute...

d.