[Noisebridge-discuss] ESD fail testing help

John Withers jwithers at reddagger.org
Tue Jul 3 20:18:40 UTC 2012

There are some led modules that are going to be used in a large scale
art project in the very near future that exhibited some very odd
behavior the other night that might or might not be related to an ESD
event.

The project group I am working with on this agrees that it might be
instructive to zap the hell out of some of them and see what happens. I
have no real good ideas on how to do this, but there are probably folks
on this list to whom saying "we need to zap something with lightning
till it breaks" is akin to giving an arsonist accelerant and asking if
they think a given structure might burn.

If anyone has ideas or wants to help with this, I will be NB later this
afternoon and this evening till after 2100 with the modules that need to
die.