[Noisebridge-discuss] Man kicked in the face by police during LA riot at downtown artwalk

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 20:23:28 UTC 2012

Not sure if you guys are following this, but I live downtown in LA and
recorded a video from the stairway of my building.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBfNg6XoRg8&t=4m45s
"""
Many many helicopters hover above the streets. Full riot gear was worn
by some officers during the ordeal. Rubber bullets and other
projectiles were in use. The police were very aggressive. All this
over chalk painting on the sidewalk???

In the video @ 4:49, you can see a man in a white t-shirt shot at very
close range with a projectile weapon. He falls to the ground and is
clearly incapacitated. The police then run up and violently kick him
in the face while he is laying on the ground. He is then taken away in
cuffs.

Note: Use the 720p HD option at the bottom right to see the video more clearly.
"""

Thoughts?
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen