[Noisebridge-discuss] laser cutting an open source science tricorder case

Peter Jansen peter at tricorderproject.org
Sun Jul 15 02:39:08 UTC 2012

hi folks,

my name is peter, i'm the founder of the open source science tricorder
project ( http://www.tricorderproject.org ).  i recently moved to
mountain view, and i'm about to head up to the city for some vegan
noms tonight (it's about 7:30, and it'll take me an hour to drive and
another hour to eat), then walk over to noisebridge.

i'm hoping to give an idea for a laser cut tricorder case a try, if
that's okay.  i've kind of been bit by creativity today.

a week or two ago i had the chance to stop in, and saw that your laser
cutter is almost the exact same model that i've spent many tens of
hours slaving over at the hackerspace back home in Canada through the
late hours of the night.  i realize it's short notice, and it's a
saturday night, but if there are laser folks planning to be about who
could hand hold me through using your cutter, that would be wonderful.
 if you'd like to talk science tricorders, open pedagogy, teaching
computers to learn language like babies do, vegan cooking, or other
nerdyness, i'd also welcome the company.

i'd love to be more a part of noisebridge.  my muse would love to be
there on many evenings/weekends, but that's tempered a bit by being an
hours drive away.

thanks! :)
peter

--