[Noisebridge-discuss] Too many tables and chairs

Liz Henry liz at bookmaniac.org
Tue Jul 31 18:39:12 UTC 2012

Hey there Noisebridge people, robots, and AIs,

For a few months half of the space has been unusable for me because
there are too many chairs and tables. I would like to ask people to help
me rethink moving the furniture around so that there are always wider
corridors.

I can't get to the 3d printers or the laser printer or anywhere near the
sewing area, especially if anyone is sitting at the central work tables.
I can't get to the electronics tools or the hack shelves.  My member
shelf which is facing outward and low to the ground so that I can reach
it from my wheelchair, is blocked by a table so I can't get to my things
without crawling under a table.

I can only get into the library area because I keep personally chucking
things out of there.

I give a lot of tours of the space and it is embarrassing that I can't
get through to show people around. I used to be able to in my manual
wheelchair and in a scooter.

The area I and other wheelchair users can get to keeps shrinking.

Could someone get rid of some of the folding tables and maybe a few of
the bulkier chairs?    And maybe help me widen some aisles for general
access.

Cheers

Liz

--

Liz Henry
liz at bookmaniac.org
http://bookmaniac.org

"Without models, it's hard to work; without a context, difficult to
evaluate; without peers, nearly impossible to speak." -- Joanna Russ